Our Student Ambassador scholarship program is awarded to a college junior or senior music major at a local university. We plan to add an Ambassador at other universities each semester until have a representative at every university campus music department in the St. Louis metro area.
Student Ambassadors have unique access to the resources of the Bach Society. Here are some of the benefits these music students receive:
- University recital credits for concerts which they attend.
- A better understanding of non-profit arts management including an increased awareness of rehearsal procedures, advertising, and developing community relationships.
- A deeper appreciation for baroque music (specifically Bach), and choral music as a whole.
- Increased knowledge about musical subjects that apply to their specific concentrations (i.e. conducting, composition, singing, music theory, etc).
- A $300 stipend.
Student Ambassadors serve the Bach Society by:
- Volunteering at our events
- Promoting our concerts/events at their own university
- Helping to organize carpools for students needing transportation to concerts
- Assisting with ticket orders for university students
- Promoting the organization to local high schools
Student Ambassador requirements:
- Currently pursuing a degree in music
- Recommendation from a former ambassador or current university professor
- Completion of at least 2 years of an undergraduate degree program
- Enrolled in a university program for the entire length of the contract
- Reliable access to personal transportation